Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Larrnakh Interview


1. Can you tell us a little bit about this project and introduce it to readers that might not be familiar with your music?
1. LARRNAKH formed in 2005. The reason why I created it was to establish a form of musical expression, in which I can produce music I like, based solely on my own concepts without any compromise. All decisions, thus all responsibility is mine, but this is how it should be, this band is my way, no one else can be in control! Of course there are people helping me, but they entirely follow my ideas and directions.

2. How would you describe the musical sound that you are working on?
2. The sound of LARNNAKH changes all the time, and it might be safe to say this is ideal, as it has to adapt to the current lyrical concept, and to the concept of the given album or song. However, my hope is that a certain proud and militant attitude accompanies my compositions, as my music is constant struggle for the innermost truths.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics that you are trying to portray in the music?
3. I try to portray musically the emotions, moods within myself, with varying result of course, as the spiritual of music is often cannier than me. It is an interesting challenge to look for the incomprehensible, and besides, a marvelous illusion.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band's name?
4. It is a secret, which I will only reveal if someone finds out the solution by chance. Anyway, you are welcome to have a guess on our myspace page...

5. I have read somewhere that you use outside musicians to play live shows, what are some of the best live shows that you have played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
5. Yes, many guests co-operated with LARRNAKH either live or on the albums. Currently Gresz Ágnes and Alexander Rády is in the band, but others also join us for shorter episodes.
Although I prefer working in the studio, I find it important to show the strength of the band in the form of concerts as well, from time to time. Keeping this in mind, I would never want to turn LARRNAKH into a touring band with a repertoire! Accordingly, we limit the number of our performances.

6. What releases have you put out so far?
6. Our debut material was intended to be a promo-material, which was released by Polish War Office Propaganda, as part of their legendary Scontrum series. We had several collaborations with Croatian/German BLEIBURG, and we produced songs for 4 compilations. With a short delay, our debut album is also out since May, on Austrian Steinklang Industries.

7. How has the feedback been to your music so far by music fans worldwide?
7. I have no reason to complain, the reactions so far all had a positive tone.

8. How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
8. My music evolves, takes on new forms continuously as per the current concept and my mood. Numerous impulses affect me, from both positive and negative directions, and obviously these influence my music. At the moment I am working on material for the second LARRNAKH album, which should be out in 2011.

9. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
9. Music surrounds and influences me all the time, even inspires me occasionally, but this is natural for me. I try to create by myself all the while, pursuing my own conceptions, following my own path.
I listen to a lot of music, although lately I tend to listen to older albums released before 2000.
My three all-time favourites: CURRENT 93, DEATH IN JUNE, SOL INVICTUS.
Furthermore, NEUTRAL, DARKWOOD, ARDITI, NON/Boyd Rice, LUFTWAFFE, ACTUS, SCIVIAS, LES JOYAUX DE LA PRINCESSE, WAPPENBUND, ANENZEPHALIA, STAHLWERK 9, ULVER,, JUDAS ISCARIOT, MAYHEM, BURZUM, DEATHSPELL OMEGA, GRAVELAND, NEUROSIS and GODFLESH(etc., etc.) is also a frequent guest in my CD player, and the list goes on and on.

10. Does Paganism or Occultism play any role in the music?
10. Personal experiences inspire me the most, but of course on a literary scale I do deal with the subjects you mention.

11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
11. Literature, cinema, various sports, and last but not least, I am a big pet lover. Slasher, my dog is my pride and joy.

12. Any final words or thoughts before we close this interview?
12. Thank you for your interest!

So... Thank you for the interview! Please, send a link!
Stay in contact!

Gergő

https://www.facebook.com/Larrnakh-144753175606599/

No comments:

Post a Comment