Monday, February 6, 2012

Dod Beverte Interview


1. Can you tell us a little bit about your solo project and how it is different than the work in your other projects?
When I first started, my solo work and Dethcentrik were the same. Dethcentrik went on hiatus and I was unsure if the project would continue. I ended up creating 3 Dethcentrik EPs by myself actually before the release of my first solo album. The following Dethcentrik had gained kept it afloat during the hiatus, and I was able to get some help from my good friend Jackie T, and re-form Dethcentrik. Slowly the two projects began to separate, and Dethcentrik is more rock at this point in time, and my solo material has become more industrial.

2. How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the demo?
I would call what you heard industrial, or just art music. I even took an approach typical of classical: expression through only instrumentation.

3. What are some of the themes and concepts you bring out in the music?
The state of the United States, and the world. Mental illness.

4. What was the decision behind doing a solo project?
Originally, when I thought Dethcentrik was broken up for good, I wanted to continue music on my own, and my solo work began. One song of mine "Why Won't You Die?" was originally recorded by me as Dethcentrik, but it was released on my solo album. My first solo album was actually released as Dethcentrik and under my solo name, and many of the songs had previously been released as Dethcentrik. The only two songs that I did not entirely write, compose, and record of Dethcentrik's pre-Why the Innocent Die Young material were Life Down the Toilet and Morderisk Depresjon, other than the live material that is, and there was only one show; it just happened to be performed well enough to record. For the longest time Dethcentrik and I were one and the same anyway.

5. When I listened to the music you had a very harsh noise sound a style that I have not heard much of since brighter Death Now and Merzbow, how would you say the noise scene has evolved over the years?
I would say noise is more of an art-based genre. Less about the popularity and more about the expression. I think over time that mentality has actually increased, and it has more prestige than it used to.

6. On a worldwide level how has your solo project been received by fans of underground music?
Same as Dethcentrik really: mixed reception; loved or hated, nothing between really.

7. What direction do you see this project heading into during the future?
More classical influence. I actually compose on my own, but I'm very much more reluctant to share it as publicly as I am other works of mine. Perhaps on future releases I will be less reluctant the share those types of works.

8. Colorado is known for having a metal scene but how would you describe the noise scene in this state?
I would say it's non-existent. Have to reach out internationally for support.

9. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced the music that is on the solo project?
Industrial, classical, jazz, and other forms of electronica on the whole.

10. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
I would like to thank you very much for your support, and for this interview!

http://www.dodbeverte.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment