Friday, June 27, 2014

Necropoli Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

RODOLFO: The band was born from the ashes of DAMNATIO MEMORIAE. The band was born from the encounter between art and me with Dario. I composed the riffs that Dario listened and appreciated and he made my riffs seem a lot more interesting. From there it all started and we began to compose material for the band.

DARIO: The band was born from a passion for me and Rodolfo for the sounds low and funeral. From our meeting comes a strong musical and mental alchemy and sharing that brings us to our first collaboration and drafting of album ‘I’. I contacted my dear friend David Unsaved of ENNUI who pleasantly wanted to participate as a singer.

2. Recently you have released your first full length album, how would you describe your musical sound?

RODOLFO:When Dario and I started composing new material, I wanted to compose very slow Funeral Doom. During the composition Dario made ​​me listen to Death Metal riffs, parts Drone and everything I liked. So we started to contaminate our music.

DARIO: The band was born from the idea to unite the most diverse musical styles and influences with basic Funeral Doom Metal, with no limitations of any kind, but according to a well defined canon. The album as you may well feel, combines Black Metal, Death Metal melody, Dark Ambient, Drone, and a lot of experimentation reflecting the idea that we wanted to get.



3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

RODOLFO: The lyrics of the songs are written by Dario and the singer David ... they will tell you everything.

DARIO: IN our texts are defined very open and personal issues, where if you want you can review what you want ... define mental states or personal visions, about what we think, we reflect, we see.


4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name ‘Necropoli'?

RODOLFO: I preferred to adopt an Italian stage name for the band and Dario found out the name “NECROPOLI” which I liked it so much.

DARIO: Regarding the band's name, we thought about something that would reflect the best state and the inspiration of band. We thought that necropolis was the choice that reflected more.


5. Has the band been able to play any live shows yet or are there plans to do any live shows in the future?

RODOLFO: We are currently preparing songs to play live. We are looking for a singer and wishing to play live as soon as possible

DARIO: We are working to bring our live music with Francesco Roman on drums and a new bass player recently entered the band but as you know, David Unsaved of ENNUI lives in Russia and we are in Italy. Our intent would be to run a lot and can play along with David, because he is the singer of the band. Meanwhile from a common chord with him, we are looking for someone who is interested in playing the voice of our music during the live stage. But…I prefer the first option. J


6. Currently the band is unsigned and according to the Facebook page you are looking for a label, what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for the band?

RODOLFO: We’re looking for a record label but it is not easy. Many record companies try to make their interests and not ours.

DARIO: We are looking for someone who will follow us and believe in us and in our music and that works in the full confidence and give us a chance to travel a lot and run our music all over the world.


7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of Funeral, Doom and Death Metal?

RODOLFO: The feedback was positive. The people in touch with us told our music was good. Early reviews are positive.

DARIO: We have only had positive responses from both those loyal to the genre and also by those who like other types of musical genres, many of whom respect our music and keep in constant touch with us.


8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days that some of the band members are involved with?

RODOLFO: I don’t have any other musical projects.

DARIO: I have had many musical projects but I want to mention only one – my old project that has helped in the drafting of our albums which is called “The Well of Past”. It is dormant for many years, but in the future you never know...


9. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

RODOLFO: Continue to experiment, try to keep the style that distinguishes us, continue to contaminate our music.

DARIO: Rodolfo has answered for me.


10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

RODOLFO: As far as I'm concerned "Kari Rueslatten" and "The 3rd and the Mortal” influenced my musical composing for the band. I mainly listen to Hard & Heavy ‘80s but I am very open to listen to all the music.

DARIO: There are many: My Dying Bride, Ahab, Evoken, Arcturus, Deathspell Omega, Reverence. Currently I’m listening always many things, from experimental-metal to blues, which I like very much, or electronic music, or classical music…and more. The way I see music is to 360 degrees and based on what I perceive.


11. What are some of your non musical interests?

RODOLFO: Are a retro-gamers, I like the cinema, theater and art at 360 °, the story of the Viking period, and many other things.

DARIO: Psychology, sports, cinema, theater, art.


12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

RODOLFO: The release of NECROPOLI ‘I’ is a dream come true and so I thank Dario and all the people who believed in me and supported me

DARIO: Thank you for the interview. Respect to the band. You will find everything in the same band.


Bandcamp - http://necropoli.bandcamp.com

Itunes - https://itunes.apple.com/it/album/id884419935

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Necropoli/220712334621508

No comments:

Post a Comment