Friday, July 25, 2014

HaatE Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
HaatE is a project I created to make strange and experimental music. The kind of music that always remains in the underground, but that I really like it and I really needed to play.

2.Recently you have released your first album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
Well, this album sounds very ambient and atmospheric, dark and gloomy but with a glimpse of hope on its path. I also like to put inside few elements of black metal, like screams and blast beats drums.

3.On the album while it was mostly ambient you also added in a few black metal screams in some sections, do you feel this gives your music a darker edge?
Yes, I do. Mainly because black metal is one of my favorite genres of music.

4.What are some of the themes and concepts you bring out with your music?
The themes on this album are completely based on nature, solitude and emptiness.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'HaatE'?
I wanted to name this project Haate Crystal, in honor of Wolves In The Throne Room. (They named a song “Hate Crystal”, I only wanted to add an “a” inside it), but working on the logo I thought that only HaatE looked best. So that’s it.
Afterwards I decided to name the 2nd song of the album “Crystal”, you can imagine why.

6.With this project you work all solo do you feel this gives you the freedom to be more creative with your music?
Absolutely I do. I cannot imagine Haate in any other way than a solo project.

7.The new album is going to be released on SixSixSix Music, how did you get in contact with this label and also how would you describe the support they have given you so far?
Well, I have known Steve, from SixSixSix Music, via Facebook, he contacted me for a compilation he was doing at the time. We’ve been in touch the past few months and finally, when I had this album done I submitted it to Steve. He enjoyed the album and he agreed to release my work under his label.
I can only be grateful towards Steve, he’s helping me a lot.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of dark ambient?
This work of mine is brand new, so I didn’t get so much feedback yet. But it’s going very well so far.

9.Are you also involved with any other musical projects?
Yes, I am. But I’m not gonna tell you their names.
I really want to keep it separate from those projects of mine.

10.Where do you see this project heading into musically during the future?
I’ll try to evolve my music. I don’t really want to be stuck in a single genre. I’m already writing some new stuff, but they’re still mere ideas, nothing concrete yet.
But probably my next work will sound more than a bit different to this album.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Well, this album was very influenced by music of Lustre, Elderwind, Ulver, Wolves In The Throne Room and Sunn O))).
While nowadays I’m listening closely to Nebula Orionis, Naglfar and also WITTR’s latest album.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?
Not much beside music. Sorry.



13.Before we wrap up this interview do you have any final words or thoughts?
I really want to thanks Steve from SixSixSix Music who has believed in my project, and to everyone who supports me.
If you want you can join my facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/darkhaate

Thanks for the chance you’ve given me to spread the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment