Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Black Wine Order Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?



Black Wine Order was born from a desire to deconstruct my music and my way of thinking and working on it.
After playing for very long years in groups (punk and doom mainly), I wanted to change format, continue alone, know what was deeply rooted in me and learn to express it as sincerely as possible.
I try to capture the moment and the emotions of this moment by working the bases of the pieces only by improvisation. Then the music builds itself.



2.So far you have released 3 albums, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on all of the recordings and also how do they differ from each other?



For a definition of sound, I would say that it is a dark rock, haunted and experimental where I let my demons and inner voices express themselves as freely as possible.

VVVVV : First album released in January 2017. Some medieval inspirations and also marked by post hardcore and ambient

Dirt : a cinematic side affirmed and influenced by the psychology of crime.
He is moving towards dark jazz and indus ; I listened to a lot of dub during his creation, I wanted a strange and destabilizing groove. I recorded most of the guitars by completely detuning them. I find it a very stifling atmosphere that corresponds well to the story told.

Folklore : I find him a certain elegance. An important part of femininity too. Folklore is in my opinion brighter in a deep darkness.



3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with your music?



There are several levels of reading and I refer a lot to the symbolism.
Each album tells a story where we can find common themes often related to occultism and esotericism.
Cannibalism, from a symbolic point of view, is also a recurring theme.

VVVVV is inspired by Tibetan funerary rites, Luciferism, William Blake and the interaction of shadow and light.

Dirt talks about Albert Fish, the relationship to the other in what he may have incomprehensible and unacceptable and therefore strange love.

Folklore deals with clinical lycanthropy, mental illness and draws on popular tales and beliefs by placing them in a context of psychiatric treatment.



4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Black Wine Order'?



There is a spiritual inspiration behind this name, the idea of a religious, secret and initiatory order.
Black wine can represent the sap of occultism, forbidden and primary transubstantiation, blood. It is also the search for an ideal, the balance of chaos and tranquility, the acceptance of darkness in light and vice versa.



5.Other than the bandcamp page very little is known about the musical project, do you prefer to remain obscure ?



Yes, there is this desire to remain obscure. The original orientation is to say as little as possible, not to speak musicians and courses, not to publish photos, not to do concert.
This explains the unique digital version and also important free.
Music and feeling are all that matter.



6.On the albums you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?



I wish to keep this anonymity which is one of the essential components of the project.
But I am open to proposals if a band or artist wants to share a musical collaboration. It is now possible to work remotely without knowing each other, without meeting each other. Again, only music interests me.



7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or any interest?

No, I'm not looking for a label and I have not been contacted.
My approach is completely independent, I do not know if the fact of keeping anonymity, not to pay music and not wanting to meet anyone will interest someone!
But again, I am open and can be broad-minded!
I think this approach and this will is related to my interest in a certain vision of punk and black metal.
I find that the secret is more exciting.



8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your recordings by fans of dark and underground music?



I had very good feedback on some webzines, blogs.

The bandcamp page allows me to see statistics at a global level and I'm always surprised to see someone listening to my music on the other side of the world.

It's really very rewarding and I thank everyone who listened or tried to listen to my music.

You can also contact me by email if you wish



9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?



I do not know. The future will tell.
Music has always been in me, I know I will go on as long as I can in one way or another, whether it's for someone or for me alone.





10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?



Some names : Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Sink, The Body, Monumentum, Breach, Blut Aus Nord, Alaric, Godflesh, Snowman, Khost, Massive Attack, Gonjasufi, Miles Davis, Low, Reverorum Ib Malacht, Boy Harsher, Menace Ruine, Neurosis, The Goslings, Swans…



11.How would you describe your views on Occultism?



I have always had an interest in the secret arts and the hidden side of things.
I see occultism as an inner journey to get to know each other, to accept and understand the invisible and therefore to feel the visible better.
"Seeing the world through a grain of sand" as William Blake says, getting to know and feeling both darkness and light, continually seeking beauty even if it is a hideous beauty, continually seeking for understand that the important thing is not the answer but the question and learn how to die.
It also helps me to understand, to accept and today to appreciate what is most negative in me because I do not reject it anymore. I think it's a balancing act.



12.What are some of your non musical interests?



I am very interested in cannibalism, rather from a ritual and psychological point of view.
I'm also interested in painting, especially Caravaggio and Francis Bacon.



13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?



The next album is currently in preparation. Thank you very much for your interest and this interview, it was a real pleasure. See you soon.
Black Wine Order

https://blackwineorder.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment